Best Fashion Blog

All About Fashion, Design, Vogue, Beauty and All Things Related To It Here.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

How to Deseed a Pomegranate Quickly - in Just 1 Minute. No Kidding!


Want to know the fastest way to deseed a pomegranate without getting the juice everywhere?  Just follow the images to see how to get the seeds out of a pomegranate quickly.  I was able to do it in just one minute!



Over the holidays I found myself sitting at quite possibly the most popular kitchen table in all of San Diego.  It belongs to a friend of mine who is known for her impromptu get togethers.  All of which happen in the most important room of the house, the kitchen. 



She's also known for the continuous flow of mixed drinks that are lovingly prepared with all kinds of fresh juices and fun garnishes like spiked slices of watermelon. 



So there we were, sitting around the table chatting and she was pulling out the seeds from a pomegranate for a pom-tini and mentioned that a friend had told her all she needed was a wooden spoon to get the seeds out.  Huh?  My recollections of pomegranate eating all involved hours of pulling seeds just a few at a time and red stained fingers. 



So of course I googled it.  And sure enough there was a link to a YouTube video, but it was a bit long winded for my taste. I like my videos extra short and to the point.



Plus, they actually said to cut the pomegranate in half which if you're looking at these images you would see is a big NO NO.  You'll have red juice all over your kitchen.


So while I was making this super yummy Kale salad with pomegranate seeds and baked goat cheese I decided to show you this little trick just in case you hadn't heard of it before!

Source: mommy testers