65 Million iWatches in Product's First Year
We haven't yet seen the iWatch or even confirmed its development by Apple. But some claim to already know how many units of the iWatch will ship in its first year of availability.
Priced at $199, the touchscreen smartwatch from Apple will likely see shipments of approximately 65 million units during its first twelve months of market availability.
Wang Wanli, an analyst with CIMB Securities Limited, tells the Commercial Times of China that the iWatch will probably launch in the second half of 2014. With a corresponding shipment estimate of 63.4 million units in the first year alone, Wanli's numbers suggest that the iWatch may put up the kind of numbers we saw from iPod sales between 2008 and 2010.
The CIMB Group analyst also says a Taiwanese manufacturer called Inventec will produce roughly 60 percent of the orders for Apple’s smartwatch. The rumor mill indicates that Quanta Computer will produce the remaining 40 percent of iWatch units during its first year of production.
For more Best news, see right side and bottom of this page, popular posts.
Source: The Commercial Times of China (via Apple Insider)